Saturday, April 25, 2009

Travel Town


Last weekend we took a short trip to Southern CA for my nephew's missionary farewell. We took the kids out of school on Friday to give us an extra day, and make the trip not so fast. While we were there we decided to take the kids to Travel Town. It is in Griffith Park, and admission is free! (You can leave a donation.) Travel Town is filled with old train cars, although it is more like a park than a museum. You can climb up into the train cars and see all the old gears and levers.


Here is Lauren looking out the window of an train engine.



Here is Connor trying to start the engine. It looks like the lever might need some oil!

Here is Cole climbing out of an engine. Some of the engines are pretty high, and the ladders are not so easy to climb.



Here is Cobi trying to help Connor start another train. Hmmm, I wonder how many engines they will climb through before they realize that none of them work?

Travel Town does have one working train. It costs $2 a person to ride, and since admission was free, we figured a train ride was definitely worth it. The train travels around the park two times. It is really a great value and a lot of fun!


We will definitely visit Travel Town again, but next time we will bring a picnic lunch. The park had a lot of picnic benches with shade trees! If you are ever in the LA area this is one stop you can't miss - especially because admission is free! ( Can you tell I was excited about that?)

4 comments:

kelly said...

I think we'll definately need to make a stop there some time. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love free things!! Looks like fun. I bet after playing on all the trains that didn't work they were happy to get on one that did.

Scrapally said...

what a fun time! the crazy daisy looks fun too! I miss my kids being little!!!

Unknown said...

Crazy Daisy does look fun! and the little park looks fun too. Glad you got to get away for a fun weekend!