Sunday, February 15, 2009

Spots for Valentines Day

Cole has started feeling much better. Thursday he didn't want to stay in his room anymore, but he was still contagious so I spoiled him and let him stay in my room for the day - still in bed, but more space to move around and a tv to watch.

By Friday he was out in the living room socializing with the family, but still taking it easy. We thought we were definitely on the road to recovery until...
SPOTS!
Saturday Cole broke out with spots, just in time for Valentines Day!


They may be hard to spot (ha ha) in the picture, but he is covered with them. His stomach, back, neck, arms and legs broke out in hives. Well that is what we think it is. We called a nurse help desk and they thought it was an allergic reaction to his antibiotic. Great! Just what we needed, more complications. Luckily the spots don't itch too much and Cole is still feeling good. We also discovered that one of his grandmas had an allergic reaction to a similar medication - good to know! Well at least next time Cole gets sick we'll know what to do and what not to do, and for now he makes a really cute pink polka dot valentine!

3 comments:

kelly said...

Wow, that is quite a rash! I'm no doctor, but with the medical training I do have I would have to say that I definatelty think it's the antibiotic.

Grandmotherfairy said...

Cute spots!!! Isn't motherhood grand!!!!

Anonymous said...

That happen to Tommy with a reaction to a medication. I'm glad your little one is feeling better!